Colleges And Academic Programs Overview
University of Fujairah offers two-year and four-year degree programs with a balance of breath and depth requirements.Each program includes three main parts:
- University requirements (general education) component covering a range of core areas that provides general knowledge to all students.
- College requirements or core courses which are common courses required of all students in a particular program and considered the necessary education for students, irrespective of their choice in major
- Program requirements or an in-depth study component in a major field.
English and Arabic Languages are the medium of instruction, except for Arabic related courses, and students enrolled to some specific programs are required to achieve a university level proficiency in spoken and written English.
The University uses the credit hour unit system. Each unit is equivalent to one hour of lecture per week for each week of the semester. The academic year has two semesters of 15 weeks each followed by final examination.
Graduates of University of Fujairah will be able to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing commensurate with a two-year, or a four-year, degree level of education.
- Evaluate information, ideas and their sources for relevance and usability in a specific situation.
- Be able to use tools in the access, location, organization and communication of information in the appropriate discipline.
- Show an understanding of a shared cultural heritage, the contemporary world and its problems.
- Contribute towards the joint completion of projects.