- Attendance at UoF is compulsory for Physical (face-to-face) and Virtual (online) classes.
- Failure to adhere to this attendance policy would result in dismissal from courses.
- The minimum percentage of face-to-face and virtual classes (combined) is 75%.
- A student will not be allowed to take the final examination if he/she has missed more than 25 percent of physical and virtual classes (combined) during the semester.
Absence warning policies are set out below:
- If a student is absent for 10 percent of physical and virtual class hours, the instructor will issue the 10% Absence Warning (First waning).
- If a student is absent for 20 percent of physical and virtual class hours, the instructor will issue the 20% Absence Warning (second warning).
- If a student is absent for more than 25 percent of physical and virtual class hours, the instructor will issue the 25% Absence Warning, and a student will be administratively withdrawn from the course and assigned a “WA” grade, which is not calculated into his/her GPA. Once being administratively withdrawn, the student may not sit for or have graded the final examination in the course.
- For the Associate of Arts Degree Programs: students must study for at least two semesters AND must have completed at least 50% of the total number of credit hours required at Fujairah University.
- Students are expected to attend all lectures, recitations, quizzes, and laboratories regularly, either through traditional face-to-face classes or online.
- Students may appeal to the Dean of the College by submitting official documentation asking for exemption. Under exceptional circumstances (i.e. Illness or death of an immediate family member) the College Dean may accept the appeal.
- A student who, during his/her studies, desires a leave of absence of more than two full consecutive days for non-medical reasons should apply to the Dean of the College concerned in writing at the earliest opportunity, stating the reasons for which the leave of absence is required. Student Affairs will post weekly the names of all students receiving the attendance warnings. Each student is responsible for checking the list to ensure its accuracy.