All students applying for undergraduate admission to the University need to have one of the following recognized secondary school certificates:
- The Original UAE Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent approved by the Commission for Academic Accreditation and the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- The minimum required score of the School Certificate for eligibility for eventual admission is 60 per cent.
- A holder of a British system certificate is eligible for admission if he/she:
- provides an evidence that he/she completed at least 11 (eleven) years of schooling;
- provides an evidence that he/she has passed (7) seven subjects at the ordinary level of IGCSE or GCSE, with a minimum grade of C in each subject. If a subject is taken at the AS Level or A Level the required minimum score is reduced to D and E; and
- the seven subjects covers the following four areas: Mathematics, Science, English Language and Humanities or Arts.
- A holder of the American High School Diploma (HSD) is eligible for admission if he/she provides an evidence of completing a minimum of 6 (six) subjects covering the following fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities. The minimum required Accumulated Grade Point Average (AGPA) is 2 on a scale of 4.
- Applications of holders of a non UAE High School Certificate, obtained abroad, are processed in accordance with decrees No. 200/2004 and 312 /2004 of His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education & Research, UAE as follows: In general, holders of the National High School Certificate of a foreign country are eligible for admission if:
- The certificate is considered for admissions in public universities of the Country where it was delivered,
- The certificate was obtained after at least 11 years of schooling,
- The certificate includes at least 6 subjects covering the four areas: Mathematics, Sciences, Languages, and Social Sciences & Humanities or Arts.
- Holders of High School Certificates from countries having two-levels High School Certificates must submit the certificate of the higher level.
- Applicants are required to submit certificate of equivalency for their High School Certificates from the UAE Ministry of Education.
- For Bachelor Programs in Business Administration (BBA) and Information Technology (BIT) a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test is required, or IELTS Academic Module band score of 5.0 with a minimum score of 5.0 in each module (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), or an equivalent score on a standardized test approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
|PearsonPTE Academic||IESOL/SESOLCity and Guilds||Cambridge||IELTS||TOEFL||EmSAT|
|36-41||B1/B2 Borderline(B1 First class Pass)||154-161||5.0||500 (173CBT, 61iBT)||1100-1225|
7. For Bachelor in Public Relations a minimum TOEFL score of 450 on the paper-based test, or IELTS Academic Module band score of 4.5 with a minimum score of 4.5 in each module (reading, writing, listening, and speaking), or an equivalent score on a standardized test approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
|Pearson PTE Academic||IESOL/SESOLCity and Guilds||Cambridge||IELTS||TOEFL||EmSAT|
|31-35||A2/B1 Borderline||147-153||4.5||450 (139CBT, 51iBT)||950-1075|
8. local TOFEL Results from outside institutions (institutional tests) are NOT accepted at FU.
9. Students who earned an Associate of Arts degree from Fujairah University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum CGPA of 2.0/4.0 will be admitted into the third year of a Bachelor degree provided that they have fulfilled the requirements for the regular admission, mentioned earlier.
10. The University admits students from other multi-cultural communities with diverse range of entry qualifications to the undergraduate programs, such as:
Successful completion of the Foundations Programs from Fujairah University or from other universities and Universities considered.
British National Curriculum (CGSE): 3 subjects at A-Levels with grades “C” or above along with at least 5 subjects at O-Levels.
Indian Secondary School Certificate issued by the CBSE/ISC boards may be considered, with a minimum grade of 55% over-all.
International Baccalaureate: Completion of IB Diploma with 24 points over-all.
Pakistani National Curriculum: Completion of one (1) year at a recognized post-secondary institution.
Prospective students are admitted to the Foundations Program.
Iranian Pre-University Certificate: minimum over-all grade of 12. Students completing High School
Diploma are admitted to the Foundation Programs.
Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: Prospective students are admitted to the Foundation Programs.
West African GCE: Prospective Candidates are admitted to the Foundation Programs.