Library User Conduct Policy
The following policies apply to Library users in all public service areas
General Behavior Expectations
Library patrons must show consideration for others and should behave in a manner which does not inconvenience, offend, or limit the rights of other patrons to have access to library materials, services and facilities. Patrons should behave in a manner which does not interfere with or otherwise prevent the Library staff from providing Library services.
If the code of conduct described is not observed, disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
The following minimum standards of conduct are to be observed in the Library:-
- Maintain absolute Silence in the Library
- Food & Drink are not permitted in the Library.
- Cell phone is not permitted to use in Library premises.
- Only lidded water bottles are permitted in the Library.
- All activities in the library will be conducted in a quiet manner to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Headphones must be used on any device that emits sound.
- Online gaming is not permitted on any computer in the Library.
- Patrons are required to show valid identification upon request from Library or security staff.
- Patrons are required to use library equipment and facilities for designated purposes only.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Library.