Welcome To UOF Library
University of Fujairah Library provides a welcoming and well managed facility that will encourage research and dissemination of scholarly information and ideas. It also provides information resources and services to support the instructional programs and educational goals of the university.
To achieve these goals, the UOF Library provides a rich collection of print and electronic resources with a strong focus on course-related information literacy and reference support. The book collection Contains both print and e-books in areas relating to programs offered at UOF, Over 6 Online databases for research with access of on-campus & off-campus.
Resources Available At UOF Library
- Printed books
- Audio Visual Materials
- Online Databases
- Journals & Magazines
- Case Studies
UOF Library has its membership with ECCH (Harvard Business Review) to access the cases available from their database.
Books & References
The Library collection will cover the following areas: business, information technology, computer science, accounting, finance, economics, journalism, public relations, E-media, Arabic language and literature, English language, and general holdings. The FU’ Library will have a specialized Reference Section, which contains related journals and conference proceedings, dictionaries, manuals and encyclopedia. Also, The library collection is planned to grow as per programs offered by the university.
The Library shall subscribe core periodical titles (hard copy) in the English and Arabic languages.
The library shall subscribe to relevant online and electronic database. This will give students and staff access to full-text journals and conference proceedings in different disciplines. The E-resources shall include:
- Digital Collections
The Library will have a number of collection of Audio- Video Cassettes, and Compact Disks (CD’s). The collection will support various topics taught in all degree programs at the university. as well as the English Language Intensive programs.
CD – ROM Collection
This collection contains electronic, manuals and software programs.
IT and e-Resources
- The Library provides its users with adequate computer terminals connected to the internet available for research and reference studies. Equipment such as photocopying machines, centralized printing machines, projectors, televisions and audio-video recording players VCP will also be provided to support the learning processes.
- The offers several electronic databases to its users that will be available in-campus or accessible off-campus. These databases will provide an up-to-date full-text articles and journals and e-books that will help students and faculty gain relevant information.
Users will be able to retrieve information on books and articles by Author, Title, Subject, or Category. A subscription to e-resources database providing journals, articles, e-books and professional reports and studies shall constitute an integral part of the library services.
There shall be also a library portal wherein users can log-in whether they are in-campus or off-campus in order to search the UoF library catalogue, check if a library material is available, put a book on reserve, re-new items borrowed, request a book for acquisition, and ask library staff for assistance.
FU’s library shall provide internet connection to enable the library clients make use of the online resources for learning and research work. The use of internet will also provide faculty and students vast resources of information essentially important for learning support.
The library’s total area is 72 sq2 designed with proper lighting and ventilation that will be conducive for studying and researching. Its services and collection shall evolve to accommodate the arising needs of students and faculty. The expansion of the library is dependent on the increase of student population and new degree programs. The library has the following facilities:
- More than thirty seats are allotted to users to give them an opportunity to have their own space and work privately.
- Ten computers with internet connections and ability to access digital information.
- An adequate collection of books, journals and other references, and audiovisual materials responsive to the need of students and teaching staff.
- Carrels are provided and designed to help researchers to have a comfortable private study while using the library resources.
Services Offered At UOF Library
- Information Gateway (Library Website): UOF Library has its own single gateway to access all Library resources & services from one point.
- Book Section: Contains 2600 printed books in all subject areas offered by the university.
- E-Resources: Library is subscribed to various online databases, which covers, E-books & Electronic Journals, professional development collection & current news etc.,
- Circulation Service: Circulation service provides issue/return / renewal / reservation for the library resources, and it also gives ready reference services to its users.
- Computer Lab: Library has a computer lab facility to access all online resources subscribed by the Library.
- Periodicals: Library has its own subscriptions of more than 10 printed peer reviewed journals/magazines, which users can refer for current news updates/ Scholarly research articles etc.
- OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue): Library patrons can find out the availability status our UOF Library resources like, books, journals and other resources
- Inter-Library Loan: Library will have a tie-up with other universities for access to their library databases or other academic materials based on the library user request.
- Plagiarism Spectrum : UOF Library has a subscription of TURNITIN for originality checking and to prevent 10 types of plagiarism.
- Special Service: Photocopying, Scanning are all available at the Library Printing Center.
- The Library staff is committed to providing its patrons an update of the new collection and services they can avail in the library through the use bulletin/announcement board and an electronic presentation updated regularly in the library portal.
- The library shall organize orientation sessions for students to help them learn about the library services, code of conduct in the library, copyright, plagiarism and borrowing policy
- The Library staff provides reference help to queries by its patrons regarding library collection such as dictionaries, almanacs, directories, dictionaries, encyclopedia, etc. These materials can only be used inside the library.
Orientation for Students
Library and Learning Resource Services prepares a Library Orientation for new students. The goal of this user orientation is to help its patrons gain knowledge in understanding the collection of the Library and its services in diverse formats. User Orientation includes the library software, library system of classification, accessing information using the e-resource technologies and development of Information Literacy. The User Orientation for students will support its patrons academically in their studies and research in using the services.
- Reserved Books
Any faculty, staff or student can put a library material on RESERVE for future use upon the approval of the Librarian. UoF faculty may place materials for course assignments on reserve in the library. Students may request these reserved materials from the circulation desk. All reserved books are for use only in the library unless the faculty member has requested a limited circulation period.
A well-equipped photocopying machines shall be provided to accommodate duplication of materials upon the approval of the librarian or faculty.
- Bookshop Services
A bookshop stocked with materials supporting academic studies shall be provided to students who would like to have their own personal copy. Textbooks shall be included in this collection.
- Circulation Services
Library materials in circulation can be borrowed out by its patrons for a period of time and should be returned on or before its due date. Failure to return the material results to overdue fines. Circulation services will be automated to accommodate users whether they are in-campus or off-campus.
- Inter-Library Loan Services
An Interlibrary Loan Service shall be provided to faculty, staff and student who wish to borrow books or materials in other libraries not available in our Library collection. Upon payment of its services, the librarian shall ensures a prompt delivery of resources being requested to its patron. Such service promotes cooperative agreement with other libraries and sharing resources for the academic support in research studies.
- Eligible Users
All members of UoF (faculty, students and administrative staff) are eligible to borrow materials from the library upon completion of the library requirements.
Library User Conduct Policy
The following policies apply to Library users in all public service areas:
General Behavior Expectations
Library patrons must show consideration for others and should behave in a manner which does not inconvenience, offend, or limit the rights of other patrons to have access to library materials, services and facilities. Patrons should behave in a manner which does not interfere with or otherwise prevent the Library staff from providing Library services.
If the code of conduct described is not observed, disciplinary action will be taken against the offender. The following minimum standards of conduct are to be observed in the Library.
Maintain absolute Silence in the Library.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Library.
- Food & Drink are not permitted in the Library.
- Cell phone is not permitted to use in Library premises.
- Only lidded water bottles are permitted in the Library.
- All activities in the library will be conducted in a quiet manner to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Headphones must be used on any device that emits sound.
- Online gaming is not permitted on any computer in the Library.
- Patrons are required to show valid identification upon request from Library or security staff.
- Patrons are required to use library equipment and facilities for designated purposes only.
The Library is open from Sunday through Thursday
Time: From 9.00 AM to 8.00 PM
Our Head Librarian and the Library staff, welcomes your questions and available for any assistance by calling: 09 2244499 Ext. 119, or Email: email@example.com