Undergraduate Completion Requirements Policy
Undergraduate students must successfully complete all course requirements, as well as other academic activities assigned to their specialized study plan. The CGPA of each undergraduate student must be at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
The following are the minimum requirements for graduation:
- Successfully completing all courses of the study plan
- Achieving a cumulative GPA of 2:00 and above.
- Spending the minimum period of study required for awarding the degree and not exceeding the maximum period.
- In addition to the above-mentioned graduation requirements student must fulfill any other requirements needed by his/her program of study.
The following are the undergraduate completion requirement for undergraduate programs at FU:
|College||Program||Completion requirements (number of credit hours)|
|College of Business Administration||Bachelor of Business Administration: General||126|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management||126|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Finance||126|
|Associate of Arts in Business Administration||63|
|College of Information Technology||Bachelor of Information Technology in Internet and E-Commerce||126|
|Bachelor of Information Technology in Network and Security||126|
|Associate of Arts in Information Technology||63|
College of Mass Communication and Public Relations
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Journalism||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Digital Media||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Public Relations||126|
|Bachelor of Mass Communications and Public Relations in Advertising||126|
|Diploma in Public Relations||66|
|College of Arts, Social Studies and Humanities||Bachelor of Arabic Language and Literature||126|
Courses offered as directed studies with approval and supervision of faculty member. Student(s) meet periodically as agreed upon during the duration of the course. Semester hour credit awarded must be comparable in scope, content, academic rigor and student study time as courses offered in lecture format.
The study load for an undergraduate student usually ranges from a minimum of 9 credit hours to a maximum of 18 credit hours. In exceptional cases, a student may enroll for up to 21 credit hours if:
- The student’s Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 3.6 or greater on a 4.00 scale.
- This additional load will enable the student to graduate in the current semeste