The University of Fujairah (UOF) operates as higher education institution with its establishment on April 1, 2006 as Fujairah College (FC). The institutional license was granted by the Commission for Academic Accreditation, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (CAA-MOHESR) on September 1, 2016 as a college, and on June 1, 2016 as a university.
All curricular programs are accredited by the CAA, and therefore, all degrees conferred by the UoF are recognized by CAA-MOHESR.
The External Review Team (ERT) ensures that the standards for accreditation, and it follows the CAA Standard 2011 which states that the “commission conducts its review procedures with reference to the Guidelines of Good Practice of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), the Guidelines for Quality Assurance from the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), and the common core standards for the quality review endorsed by the Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE)”.
Accreditation of Academic Programs
The CAA-MOHESR has accredited the following programs:
- Foundation Programs
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (General)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, major in:
- Human Resource Management
- Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology, major in:
- Networking and Security
- Internet and e-Commerce
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Mass Communication and Public Relation, major in:
- Digital Media
- Public Relation
- Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language and Literature
- Master in Business Administration
UoF received the ISO 9001:22008 certificate for quality management system on higher education, training, consultancy, research and development services from TUV on July 6, 2015.