To be eligible for admission, the student must hold a Secondary School Certificate issued in the U.A.E. or its equivalent as approved by the UAE Ministry of Education.
Applications made by holders of foreign secondary school certificates will be considered according to Circular No. 200, 2004, and Circular No. 123, 2005, issued by His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education & Research, UAE. See the details in
The minimum required score and the type of High School Certificate for eligibility for eventual admission are as shown in the table given in programs offered.
Full admission in majors, where the Medium is English, is given only to applicants having obtained a score of at least 500 in TOEFL Paper-based, 173 CBT, iBT 61, or 5 in IELTS. Non holders of the minimum required score 500 in TOEFL or its equivalent, will be given an initial admission and they will be requested to enroll in the Intensive English Program (IEP) offered by the University.
Applications for admission should be submitted to the Admission and Registration Deanship prior to the beginning of each semester.
Holders of the UAE Secondary School Certificate (SSC) or its equivalent, Science Section,are eligible for admission in any college of the university if they satisfy the minimum score requirement for the degree program: see table given in Offered Programs
Holders of the UAE Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent , Literary Section, with a minimum score of 60 percent, are eligible for admission to all degree programs colleges , less than 60 can admission in Foundision Programs.
- Holders of Foreign Secondary School Certificates
In general, holders of the national high-school certificate of a foreign country are eligible for admission if:
- The certificate is considered for admission in public universities of the country where it was obtained
- The certificate was awarded after at least 11 years of schooling
- The certificate includes at least six subjects covering the following four areas:
- Social Sciences/Humanities or Arts
Holders of high-school certificates from countries having two-level high-school certificates, must submit the certificate of the higher level.
Examples of Acceptable Foreign Certificates:
- Iranian Certificate: the Pre-University Certificate
- Indian Board(s): Senior Secondary School Certificate (Part II)
- Pakistani Board(s): Higher Secondary School Certificate (Part II)
- French Baccalaureate
- Lebanese Baccalaureate
- International Baccalaureate: completion of six subjects, with three at the higher level
- American High-school Diploma: High-school Diploma and completion of SAT
- British System certificate
A holder of a British system certificate is eligible for admission if :
- The applicant has passed seven subjects at the ordinary level of IGCSE or GCSE, with a minimum grade of C ineach subject.. If a subject is taken at the AS Level or A Level the required minimum score is reduced to D and Erespectively
- The seven subjects must cover the following four areas: Mathematics, Science, English Language, andHumanities or Arts
- The applicant must prove that he/she has completed at least 11 years of schooling by providing the gradetranscript of Grade 11 and that of Grade 12, when available
- The applicant submits his/her school leaving certificate