Providing research support services is the key administrative function in UoF University that is dedicated to build up a new research capacity and to maintain continued growth in its ongoing research capacity that will maximize the impact of that research through knowledge transfer and related activities. The University is seeking to increase financial resources allocated to support scientific research. Substantial efforts shall be made to select qualified faculty members capable of conducting high quality research.
UoF provides the following forms of research support:
- Financial support to researchers that covers travel, conference registration fees, reviews, software, publication fees, and other related expenses.
- Increase the number of funded research proposals supported by the University.
- Publication of a faculty research handbook and a detailed account of research activities by the Deanship of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
- Instituting annual awards for outstanding research work at the university level.
- Assist individual researchers locating and applying for suitable funding for their ideas from other funding agencies.